Plastic RecyclingPlastic recycling helps the planet—and your budget.
Plastics can take a millennium to degrade in a landfill. In our ongoing effort to help our clients implement cost-effective green initiatives, Integrity Recycling and Waste Solutions customizes plastic recycling programs that divert plastics from landfills—and boost your bottom line.
Integrity Recycling can help you:
- Reduce the volume of your plastic waste.
- Increase efficiency and reduce your costs for waste removal.
- Increase your revenue with profits from valuable recycled plastics.
- Comply with current recycling legislation.
- Make a positive impact on our environment.
We work with clients across all industries, from packaging plants and medical companies to commercial retailers, to develop programs that recover value from plastic waste. Various plastics and polymers can be extracted from plastic waste, including:
- Polyethylene film.
- Shrink wrap and film guard.
- Grocery and shopping bags.
- Post-industrial and post-consumer scrap, including PET, PVC, PS, PP, PC and more.
- All types of rigid plastics.
- Plastics #1 through 7.
Every year, Integrity Recycling and Waste Solutions recovers and recycles 2400 tons of glass in the form of clear and colored glass food and beverage bottles, glass jars and glass jugs. We pick up this glass from our customers; then we sort it at our facility by color (clear, blue, brown, green) and ship it to “glass-to-glass” manufacturers that crush it, melt it, and recycle it into new glass bottles and containers.
The beauty of glass is that it is 100 percent recyclable and can be recycled indefinitely without losing quality. Even better, when Integrity Recycling sets up a program for your business to recover and recycle glass bottles, jars and other glass vessels, your business becomes part of a continuous cycle of sustainability that sharply reduces waste and landfill space. In fact, recycled container glass is the primary ingredient in “closed loop” new glass manufacturing. The entire process for recycling glass takes approximately 30 days. Compare that with up to one million years for glass to break down in a landfill.
Isn’t it time your company got into the loop?The Environmental Benefits of Glass Recycling
According to the Montana Department of Environmental Quality:
- Every 96 tons of recycled glass reduces one ton of carbon dioxide.
- The manufacture of recycled glass in place of new glass reduces mining waste by 70 percent and air pollution by 20 percent.
- Every 3,000 tons of recycled glass used annually saves 1,982 barrels of oil, 51,000 trees and 21,000,000 gallons of water.
- The energy conserved from recycling a single jar is equivalent to that required to power a 100-watt light bulb for approximately four hours
A recycling program for glass bottles, jars and containers is easy to implement. Contact Integrity Recycling and Waste Solutions today to start your program and reap the benefits of this endlessly recyclable commodity.Metal Cans Hold More than Food and Beverages—They Hold the Potential to Earn through Recycling
Each year, the aluminum industry pays out more than $800 million dollars for empty aluminum cans, including to customers of Integrity Recycling and Waste Solutions. Shouldn’t your business or property be part of that payout? It’s easy to do by recycling aluminum cans.
Like glass, aluminum cans may be recycled over and over again; however, the aluminum can is 100 percent recyclable (no exceptions as is the case with glass)—in fact, the can is the most recyclable of all materials.
It takes about 60 days to recycle an aluminum can and have it back on the grocery shelf filled with your favorite beverage. According to the EPA, just over half of all aluminum cans were recycled in 2009. Integrity Recycling makes getting started easy, by providing the storage and container mechanisms your facility needs such as recycling bins or equipment such as balers, compactors and dumpsters.Aluminum: Easy to Recycle, Easy on the Earth
Recycling your aluminum cans is not only easy— it’s good for your company’s budget and for the environment. Here are some fun facts about aluminum cans:
- Making new aluminum cans from used cans takes 95 percent less energy than using virgin materials
- 99 percent of all beer cans and 97 percent of all soft drink cans are made from aluminum
- Twenty recycled cans can be made with the energy needed to produce one can using virgin aluminum
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to keep a 100-watt bulb burning for almost four hours or run your television for three hours
- Tossing away an aluminum can wastes as much energy as pouring out half of that can’s volume of gasoline
- In 1972, one pound of aluminum cans was equivalent to about 22 empty cans. Due to advanced technology that uses less material and increases an aluminum can’s durability, that one pound of aluminum cans is now equivalent to about 34 empty cans.
In addition to aluminum, Integrity Recycling offers a comprehensive program for recycling tin cans such as those used for canned fruits and vegetables, canned soups and sauces, and canned fish and meats. Your Integrity Recycling representative will audit your property’s or facility’s volume of metal waste and implement a program that meets your recycling needs while recovering the hidden assets in each food or beverage can that’s diverted from the waste can.